The Christingle Service – 1st December, 4.00 p.m.
Christingles will be provided but you will be asked to sign an attendance list beforehand, so we know how many christingles are required
Christingles are made up of different parts, each one being there to remind us of something.
- The orange represents the world.
- The candle reminds Christians of Jesus who they believe to be the light of the world.
- The red ribbon goes all round the ‘world’ and being the colour of blood, reminds Christians that Jesus died.
- The four cocktail sticks could have either of two meanings; the four seasons or the four corners of the world.
- The sweets (or sometimes dried fruit) remind Christians of God’s gifts to the world including kindness and love.
- The foil is only there to catch waxy drips from the candle.