The Christingle Service – 1st December, 4.00 p.m.
Christingles (as in picture) will be provided
Christingles are made up of different parts, each one being there to remind us of something.
- The orange represents the world.
- The candle reminds Christians of Jesus who they believe to be the light of the world.
- The red ribbon goes all round the ‘world’ and being the colour of blood, reminds Christians that Jesus died.
- The four cocktail sticks could have either of two meanings; the four seasons or the four corners of the world.
- The sweets (or sometimes dried fruit) remind Christians of God’s gifts to the world including kindness and love.